Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Wednesday, August 16, 2023

UN Agency for AI ? Arriving as envisaged

 UN Agency for AI ? Arriving as envisaged


https://lnkd.in/dk5dsnSn
==================================

The United Nations Security Council will hold its first formal discussion on artificial intelligence (AI) this week in New York, with Britain to call for an international dialogue about its impact on global peace and security.

Governments around the world are considering how to mitigate the dangers of emerging AI technology, which could reshape the global economy and change the international security landscape.

Britain holds the rotating presidency of the UN Security Council this month and has been seeking a global leadership role in AI regulation.

British Foreign Secretary James Cleverly will chair the discussion on Tuesday.

In June, U.N. Secretary-General Antonio Guterres backed a proposal by some artificial intelligence executives for the creation of an international AI watchdog body like the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA).




Dear Mr James Cleverly,

Congratulations for your initiative . I hope the discussions in the Security Council
will result into a Regulatory Frame-work as proposed in my following blog .

To facilitate a meaningful and DECISIVE discussion , I urge you to forward this
suggestion to all the Members of the Security Council

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
www.hemenparekh.ai /  17 July 2023

CC :
james.cleverly.mp@parliament.uk

contactnewscentre@un.org
permissions@un.org

No comments:

Post a Comment