Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Friday, April 28, 2023

My today's poser to ChatGPT :

 My today's poser to ChatGPT :

======================================
Yesterday, the Supreme Court of India issued a directive to all the State Governments to take SUO MOTO cognizance of " hate speeches " being delivered by politicians during the current ongoing election campaign in Karnataka . Without waiting for some one to file a complaint in this regard, Supreme Court directed the Police Department ( of the State where such speech was delivered ) to take " appropriate " action. I believe this directive will be difficult to implement , since Police Departments of different States are quite likely to define " hate " and " speech " and " approriate action " , differently . In your knowledge, are there universally agreed upon " definitions " of these words ? What problems do you see arising out of such broad / vague , instructions ? If you were to be the Chief Jstice of India, how would you have worded your instructions / guidance / directive ? If sharply worded / unambiguous " instructions " are not possible then what other " constraining " method to reduce / eliminate, " hate speeches " would you recommend ? / hemen parekh / 29 April 2023

======================================
ChatGPT answered :

Here are 4 possible questions based on the given context:
Are there universally agreed upon definitions of the terms "hate speech" and "appropriate action"?
What problems do you anticipate with implementing the Supreme Court's directive on hate speeches during election campaigns?
How would you, as the Chief Justice of India, have worded the directive to address hate speeches during election campaigns?
If sharp and unambiguous instructions are not possible, what other methods would you recommend to reduce or eliminate hate speeches during election campaigns?

No comments:

Post a Comment