Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Saturday, April 2, 2022

Dear Smt Sitharamanji

 Dear Smt Sitharamanji,


I appreciate that our MLAs, with their meagre salaries / perks / allowances etc., belong to the POOR strata of our society – and therefore entitled to such exemptions

But, instead of such exemptions, how about bring them within the tax-net by raising their salaries , 10 TIMES ?

Context :

Ignoramus ? Gullible ?

https://lnkd.in/eKGB6Fsz
 

Without doubt, I am so.
Like many from my 1400 million fellow-citizen, I believed :

#   “ Personal Income Tax  Act “ is a Central Subject
#   Any changes in this act can only be done by the Centre and form part of annual Central Budget
#   States cannot exempt any of its own “ state citizen “ from payment of personal income tax

What made me believe this ?

#   If the States had any power / authority to “ exempt “ any particular group of its own “ state citizen “ , then  all Political parties would compete with each other by making such Poll Promises .

======================================

No comments:

Post a Comment