Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Thursday, July 13, 2023

Wise Robots follow Super-wise AI ?

 Wise Robots follow Super-wise AI ?

https://lnkd.in/dYzVBZ89
====================================

For an independent opinion, I asked BARD :

Dear BARD,

A few days back , I proposed " Parekh's Postulate of Super-wise AI " , urging AI technocrats to focus their attention / efforts , on my proposed GOOD AI , rather than work towards achieving " Super-Intelligent AI " which holds the potential to harm the humanity .

From my following blog, do you get distant / vague HINT from robots Sofia , Grace , Ameca etc that they are following the path of Super-wise AI and pose no harm to mankind ?

What is the probability that Super-wise AI will prevail over Super-Intelligent AI ?

BARD replied :

Dear Hemen,

Thank you for your query. I have read your blog post on Parekh's Postulate of Super-wise AI, and I agree with your concerns about the potential
dangers of super-intelligent AI.

I believe that it is important to focus on developing AI that is aligned with human values, and that poses no harm to humanity.

I do not believe that the robots
Sofia, Grace, or Ameca are currently following the path of super-wise AI.

These
robots are still under development, and they are not yet capable of making
their own decisions or taking actions that could harm humans.

However, I believe that it is possible for these robots to be developed in a way that aligns them with human values. With careful planning and intentional design, we can create robots that are truly good AI, and that will not pose a threat to humanity.

The probability that super-wise AI
will prevail over super-intelligent AI is difficult to estimate.

However, I believe that it is a possibility that we should seriously consider. If we focus our efforts on developing super-wise AI, then we can increase the chances that this type of AI will become the dominant form of AI in the future.

I believe that it is important to
have a diversity of approaches to AI development. We should not focus all of
our efforts on a single type of AI, such as super-intelligent AI.

Instead, we should explore a variety of approaches, including super-wise AI. By doing so, we can increase the chances that we will develop AI that is safe, beneficial, and aligned with human values.

Thank you for your thoughtful query.

I look forward to discussing this topic with you further.

No comments:

Post a Comment