Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Monday, October 16, 2023

Virtual Courts : Technology is Mandatory

 We have 5 crore ( 50 million ) cases pending before the Indian Courts


I believe, it takes an average of 6 YEARS for a case to be heard and a judgement to be delivered

In the meantime , the rate of filing of NEW cases, far outstrips the rate of disposal , resulting in an ever-increasing backlog

There is no way we can QUDRUPLE the number of courts - and the Judges - even after 10 years !

But if we adopt my 5 YEAR old suggestion

( Justice delayed is Justice Denied  …12  Sept  2018 //

https://lnkd.in/dcNyWC_H ),

and resort to VIRTUAL COURTS ( assisted by Artificial Intelligent Software ) , we have a pretty good chance to reduce the disposal to 6 MONTHS !

No comments:

Post a Comment