Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Monday, November 6, 2023

why - and how - L&T manages

 Have you ever wondered why - and how - L&T manages to complete its MEGA infrastructure projects , within estimated TIME and COST ?


Answer :

Almost 40 years ago , in 1983, L&T set up its first Cement Plant at Awarpur

L&T managed to achieve this in 2 years and Rs 70 Crore ( 1 million ton )

By using PERT - and without a single Computer ! I was a witness , who retired from L&T in 1990

I would not be surprised if today L&T just " feeds " a DPR ( Detailed Project Report ) for a new project , to an AI tool , which , within a matter of minutes, spews out :

> List of Activities to be undertaken
> Estimated Time for each activity
> PERT chart showing CRITICAL PATH
> Resources required for each activity
> Project Cost

No surprise here since I expect L&T to have developed its LLM AI , by training it on above mentioned DATA for thousands of projects that it has completed over the past 40 years !

No comments:

Post a Comment