Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Sunday, December 17, 2023

Can GET replace PET ?

 Can GET replace PET ? I think it should

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PET = Prudent Electoral Trust
GET = CEF = Central Election Fund = Government Electoral Fund
==========================================================

CONSIDERATIONS for my following suggestion / CEF :

Ø  By now , PET make up 99.1 % of total donations

Ø  Apparently , only COMPANIES are donating . Individual donations are insignificant

Ø  Electoral Trusts must disclose their political finances in their Annual Reports

Ø  I presume , general public has access to these Annual Reports ( - indirect transparency ? )

Ø  In the current method , one cannot deny the distinct possibility of “ Quid Pro Quo “

Ø  Political parties know which PET ( set up by which company ) donated how much

==================================================

The Bharti-backed PET accounted for around 88 per cent of the total sum donated by electoral trusts in 10 years. Notably, the BJP has been the largest beneficiary of PET’s donations on an annual basis.

The PET relies on significant contributions from major Indian corporate organizations

======================================================

On my proposal ,  BARD commented as follows :

Proposed GET model addresses some of the key concerns regarding PET, such as transparency, potential for quid pro quo, and reliance on corporate donations
While it presents some challenges in implementation, it offers a more
transparent and equitable approach to political funding.

================================================

And following is ChatGPT’s evaluation of my proposal :

Your proposal seems to aim for greater transparency, accountability,
and a structured approach to funding political parties while also considering public opinion through an online survey.

GET/CEF model seeks to eradicate direct donations, emphasize accountability,
and regulate financial support based on predefined parameters.

No comments:

Post a Comment