Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Thursday, December 21, 2023

My Belief : Just around the Corner ?

 I believe that whenever an AGI is born ( on the computers of Big Tech / Small Tech companies ) , it will be a Human Friendly and Compassionate AI


Then I asked ChatGPT and BARD , following questions ( For their answers , look up the blog ) :

Can AGI incorporate, a framework somewhat like Issac Asimov’s three laws of robotics ?

For past 2 days, we have been discussing the soon expected emergence of AGI and whether it would gravitate towards self preservation / world domination / selfishness , OR , could it possibly , by reading all the religious books , learn to become selfless / humane / compassionate / kind / empathetic / always working for the good of mankind / wise ?  In this context, please tell me whether there is a HIGH PROBABILITY that it would be a friendly AGI after imbibing the following tenets of BUDDHISM ( left out for sake of brevity )

=======================================================
And following is how  BARD responded :

AGI incorporating Asimov's laws :

AGI learning from religious texts :

High probability of friendly AGI:

Collaboration between OpenAI and Verses:

Active Inference:

Overall, I believe that your blog and the open letter from Verses raise important questions about the future of AGI.

It is important to have these discussions now, so that we can make informed decisions about how to develop and deploy AGI in a safe and beneficial way.

I do encourage OpenAI to continue to engage in collaboration with other AI research groups, as this is essential for ensuring that AGI is developed in a safe and beneficial way.

No comments:

Post a Comment