Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Tuesday, November 1, 2022

e-Rupee or India Bit : a Rose by Any Other Name ?

 e-Rupee or India Bit : a Rose by Any Other Name ?


https://lnkd.in/dTAxcXQD

==========================================

In my 17 June 2022 e-mail to Cabinet Ministers , I had suggested that RBI launch a Digital Rupee , named IndiaBit

2 days ago, RBI announced that it expects to soon launch such a Digital Rupee - except that it will be called " e-Rupee "

No one knows how this " bold experiment " will pan out and whether it will :

> Lead to our CASH - based sale / purchases to drop from current level
of 80 % to ( say ) 10 % by 2025

> Drastically reduce future generation of BLACK MONEY

> Gradually " transform " the existing piles of CASH into e-Rupee

> Automatically compile CONSUMER CONSUPTION DATA ( What -
Where - When - How - at What price etc )

It is obvious that , Govt does not want any comparison with its earlier ( and none too successful ) attempt at DE-MONETIZATION

It wants this experiment to be called MONEY DIGITIZATION - and spearheaded, not by the Govt but by RBI ( - a later day Shikhandi ploy of the famous battle of MahaBharat ? )

My following e-mail shows how to AVOID this danger - and yet achieve the SAME RESULTS - after 5 years

==================================

No comments:

Post a Comment