Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Monday, May 15, 2023

*Apply for Self – Employment ( * conditions apply )

 *Apply for Self – Employment ( * conditions apply )

https://lnkd.in/dYQHpg-z

===========================

I presume the rationale behind “ restricting “ the number of “ licensed “ hawkers ( to 2.5 % of Mumbai’s population of 140 lakhs = 3.5 lakh hawkers ) is :

“ The hawkers are permitted to occupy foot-paths, in order to carry on their trade.  Mumbai has strictly limited length ( area ) of foot-paths, which is frozen.  Hence , a limited number of hawkers can be licensed “

This “ condition “ sounds logical

BMC seems to be telling the millions of “ Unemployed “ :

“ Hey guys ,

Get self=employed by all means - but ply your trade INDOORS , not on the STREETS

Look at the INDOOR trades listed at :

Ø  Rejoice , You , Self - Employed !  …………..  15 May 2016  “

https://lnkd.in/dVBDYE_X

---------------------------

But the questions that needs to be answered are :


#   As of today , neither any State Government , nor the Central Government, has
released a “ Policy of Self Employment “

#  Restrictions  imposed , either by a local Municipal Corporation or by a State
Government , or by a  Housing Society , severely “ limit “ ,
what kind of a trade / business / profession , can be carried out
inside of a person’ s home.
If violated , police harassment is guaranteed !

#  In the absence of a clear cut law encouraging “ self employment “ ,  are we not
inviting a huge SOCIAL UNREST , in the months and years to come ?


I once again urge the Central Government to examine my suggestion at :


A NEW ECONOMIC ORDER ? aka " Start Up Act - 2015 "  …12 Sept 2015

https://lnkd.in/ekEfABk

With whatever modifications deemed necessary  to my above-mentioned
suggestion , I urge the Central Government to announce a SELF  EMPLOYMENT
POLICY  , as soon as possible

It does not require a genius to guess ( - and correctly too ) that , in the next 2 /
years, millions of clerical jobs will disappear due to launch of hundreds of “
productivity-enhancing “ apps based on ChatGPT and its cousins

====================================
hashtagbusiness hashtagjobs hashtagstartup hashtagproductivity hashtaglaw hashtagemployment hashtagmumbai hashtaghousing hashtagsociety hashtagpolice

No comments:

Post a Comment