Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Sunday, March 3, 2024

Surya Ghar Muft Bijlee : a 7 year journey

 Surya Ghar Muft Bijlee : a 7 year journey

=========================================
Two days back , Union Cabinet approved this scheme, as reported at :

Cabinet approves PM-Surya Ghar: Muft Bijli Yojana for installing rooftop solar in One Crore households

Dear Shri R K Singhji ,

Although, this scheme echoes a number of suggestions which I sent through
following 57 e-mails, there is no mention of my following KEY suggestions :

Incentivizing :

( A )  Consumers
#  By giving 100 % subsidy . Totally FREE installation of 3 Kw Roof Top
Solar

( B )  DISCOMS
#  By fully compensating for loss of revenue + some incentive

( C )  Funding Agency ( REC )
#   By transferring all Carbon Credits earned by 1 crore ( 10 million )
installations

In absence of these, the Scheme is unlikely to achieve its target of 1 crore
households in 3 years

What is equally important is to integrate National Clean Cooking Scheme with Surya Ghar scheme,

- by EESL installing its 20 lakh, 1.5 Kw Electric Induction Stoves, along with
3 Kw Roof Top solar ( which will consume 180 units out of the
360 units generated per month ) . There will be a huge upside in the form of :

( 1 )  Additional Carbon Credits earned
( 2 )  Saving in use / import of LPG ( subsidy on just 3 cylinders will recover
the cost of Electric Stove )



With regards,

Hemen Parekh

www.HemenParekh.ai / www.3pConsultants.co.in /  04 March 2024

No comments:

Post a Comment