Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Thursday, March 7, 2024

The BIG TECH : Ask Them to Return the Loot

 The BIG TECH : Ask Them to Return the Loot

========================================

Dear Smt Sitharamanji ,

India is a party to the 2021 OECD-sponsored agreement between 140 countries, to levy minimum global corporate tax of 15% on multinational companies

To best of my knowledge, this has not been implemented by India, so far

If – and when – we try to implement it , legal battles will never end

In the meantime , BIG TECH are having a field-day, compiling private / personal USER DATA ( without their explicit / informed consent ) – then SELLING that data to advertisers to mint BILLIONS of dollars, year after yea
r
I urge you to consider my several earlier emails , suggesting a simple method of enabling India’s 500 million users of Big Tech, to monetize their personal data , by forcing Big Tech to compensate the users

Eg ; Even if Big Tech companies are required to pay $ 100 ( Rs 8300 ) per year to our 500 million users , that would amount to $ 50 Billion / year

Compare this with figure of $ 66.3 Billion mentioned in the last column of following tabulation

At the bottom of this mail, I list my earlier emails

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
www.hemenparekh.ai /  08 Mar 2024


Source >  HINDU Business Line – 03 March 2024
How Much BIG TECH companies Scooped In - $  Billions :

A
B
C
D

Year
Total Market Cap
Total Revenue
Total Net Profit ( post tax )
15 % of C







2022
7512
1614
286
42.9







2023
11709
1770
363
54.5







2024
13404
1953
445 ( more than total receipts forecast in India’s interim Budget for FY 2025 )

66.3


Estimated Capex - $ Billions

No comments:

Post a Comment