Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Thursday, January 11, 2024

Second Step to Integrated Transport ?

 Dear Shri Nitin Gadkariji :


In 23-24 , RFID based toll collection might reach Rs 25,000 crore . On an average , it shows an annual  growth rate of 62 % over past 4 years , but for the current year , it has slowed down to 32 %

To this , add the estimate that this toll tax gets collected from , no more than 5 % of our 32.6 crore vehicles , which use our Highways . Remaining 95 % of vehicles , either ply on city streets or on highways not subject to any toll

Now imagine following scenario :

Ø  All 32.6 crore vehicles are made to pay tax ( what I have called, TRANS-TAX based on pollution generated by each type of vehicle )

Ø  TRANS-TAX is collected ( from each vehicle ) , no matter WHERE it is plying

Ø  It is collected 24x365 days ( every hour )

Ø  It is collected AUTOMATICALLY ( by deduction from a pre-paid / vehicle-linked account )

Ø  There is no HUMAN INTERVENTION in the collection process


Under such a scenario , following can be expected :

Ø  There will be dramatic shift to less polluting vehicles ( EVs / Hibrids / Hydrogen based ) – without need for incentivizing manufacturers or subsidizing vehicle owners

Ø  More people will start travelling by PUBLIC transport ( which cause less pollution )

Ø  More people will travel less ( more Work from Home )

Ø  There will be less traffic congestion ( less of PEAK traffic situations )

Ø  Annual tax collection could well rise by 100 times to Rs 25 Lakhxcrore in 2025-26



I urge you to consider implementation of suggestion made by me in my following email :

Transport : an Integrated Logistic Plan ?   ………………  20  Nov  2018  ]

https://lnkd.in/dcPRjHQm

No comments:

Post a Comment