Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Monday, January 29, 2024

Unleashing, Electrifying, Roof Top Solar Power

 My Take :



Ø  Is Sun setting on Solar ?  ……………………  20 Sept 2018

Extract :

What is the way out ?

·  Shift focus to Roof Top Solar ( of course , continue with Utility Scale )

·  Why Roof Top ?

No Govt tendering / No transmission lines / No PPA with DISCOMs / No metering
No land cost / Hundreds of small suppliers who will compete / quote / install / commission / maintain / service / 30 % Govt subsidy

·  What is holding back the roof top ?

#  Local permissions / Subsidy procedures / Balance 70 % of Capital
Cost to be borrowed from banks @ 15 % interest ( tedious procedures
/ guarantees / collaterals ) . Individuals stand no chance. Only Coop
Hsg Societies benefit

#  Bribing of electricity suppliers’ officers for “ reverse metering “

#  Non availability to store the power for use at night ( lack of Storage
Batteries )

·  What is required to be done ?

#   Amend Electricity Act

Anyone can generate solar power , anywhere , any time and
sell to any one at any price

With regards,

Hemen Parekh

Create Your Own Digital Avatar    // 30 Jan 2024
https://lnkd.in/dsQ2i7C3

No comments:

Post a Comment