Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Yogiji : Queue System won’t work

 Dear Shri Yogi Adityanathji  ,


cmup@nic.in / yogiadityanath72@gmail.com

At best , Queue systems could only be a temporary solution for controlling the number of pilgrims which are expected to visit Ayodhya in near future . Current estimate is 2 lakh / day , gradually rising to 5 lakh / day , by the year end . And many times more over next years

A queue, no matter how orderly , implies people WALKING . And a queue , in front of Shri Ram Mandir could easily stretch for 10 Km ( 10,000 meters ) , even if only 10,000 persons are occupying ONE METER length of that queue

And , when a person ( in that queue ) reaches in front of the idol , she would FREEZE for at least 30 seconds ( ½ minute ) , before being pushed ahead by people from behind . Hence the 10,000th person at the end of that queue will need to stand for 5,000 minutes { 83 hours }  !

Now imagine if , that queue has to hold 50,000 persons  !

Ropeways / Conveyors / Horizontal Escalators ( running at constant speed and may be in bucket seats mounted one on top of another – ie. several stacks – or stacked one behind another like rows of seats in a theatre ) , are the ONLY permanent and fool-proof solutions

In absence of such INFRASTRUCTURE INNOVATION , stampedes – and consequent deaths – could not be ruled out

In fact , probability is quite high

Agreed , no one could be blamed when this happens ( it is not a question of “ if this happens  ) . It could not be considered an “ Act of Commission “

But it would most certainly be considered , an “ Act of Omission “{ not to Act , knowing well , something terrible is likely to happen }

I am sure , your government would implement my suggestion detailed in my following email of yesterday :

Ø  Protect the Pilgrims  ………………  23 Jan 2024


With regards,

Hemen Parekh

Create Your Own Digital Avatar

https://lnkd.in/dsQ2i7C3

25 Jan 2024

No comments:

Post a Comment