Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Sunday, January 6, 2019

PUBLISH DISSENT and PERISH

https://lnkd.in/fKgBcaB World over citizens are demanding that their Governments take some urgent / concrete steps from all kinds of malicious postings / fake news / hate speeches etc on Social Media web sites such as Google - Facebook - Twitter - Whats App etc In this matter , USA is most liberal and EU has introduced GDPR to penalize offending online media , holding them accountable for what their users post At the other extreme, China manages to curb all dissent / opposition to its Govt , by simply telling online media : PUBLISH DISSENT and PERISH In our own country, government is about to introduce a DATA PROTECTION BILL , - without any clue as to WHO will protect WHOSE data and HOW ! If our Govt is really serious / sincere , persons drafting the bill should read this Even MPs belonging to Opposition Parties would find some constructive questions to ask in Lok Sabha !

No comments:

Post a Comment