Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Monday, January 7, 2019

Times campaign on Lost Votes

Times campaign on Lost Votes: Missing — a third of our democ .. Read more at: https://lnkd.in/f4-45RR =================== Highlights : # 280 million- Number of people who had a vote, but didn't cast it in 2014 . That's a third of 834 million voters in India # 454 million - Indians classified as migrants by the census. While age-wise data is not available, at least 270 million of them should be of voting age # 224 million - No of people who migrated after marriage , the majority of whom are women # 13 million - No of NRIs. A law, now challenged in court, allows them a proxy vote. Their number fades in comparison with internal migrants So , on election day they have to either take leave and go back home, or not vote at all Why must that be so when technology is available to make voting from anywhere possible ? ==================== And name of that technology is : Americans call it “ Voatz “ https://lnkd.in/fpupE4w

No comments:

Post a Comment