Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Election Commission has informed the Government that it is not in favor of State Funding

03 Mar 2020 News: EC not in favour of state funding of elections Read more at: https://lnkd.in/fC6N6t2 -------------- EXTRACT : " The Election Commission has informed the Government that it is not in favor of State Funding as it will not be able to prohibit or check candidates' own expenditure or expenditure by oters , over and above that which is provided for by te state ", the Minister stated The Law Commission Report in 1999 said,state funding of elections was desirable provided that political parties are PROHIBITED from taking funds from other sources --------------------------------- Of course, there will be unforeseen problems when we try to implement ANY reform ! Should that FEAR ( of possible failure / shortcoming ) prevent us from undertaking this vital reform ( and root of many corrupt practices ) ? If there is a will ( on part of political parties - which I doubt ), here is a ( near ) FOOLPROOF method : Transparency in Political Funding ? [ 06 July 2017 ] https://lnkd.in/fnaebrH ----------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment