Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Green for healthy: China divides nation with QR code

03 Mar 2020 News: Green for healthy: China divides nation with QR code Read more at: https://lnkd.in/fuyEXZQ -------------------- EXTRACT : China has begun a BOLD mass experiment in using data to regulate citizens' lives - by requiring them to use software on their smartphones that dictate whether they should e quarantined or allowed into subways, malls and other public spaces But an NYT analysis found that the system does more than decide , whether someone poses a contagion risk. It also appears to SHARE INFORMATION with police, setting a template for new forms of automated social control that could persist after the epidemic subsides ---------------------- Chinese Government could get away with this but if anything remotely similar was to be tried in democratic India, it would ( - and should ) be vehemently opposed , even if its objective is VASTLY BENEFICIAL for the citizens . It is therefore , of utmost importance that , before introducing the HEALTH DATA VAULT scheme, Government leaves " no stone unturned " to SELL it convincingly to our citizen . For details , read : Health Data Vault [ 16 July 2019 https://lnkd.in/fNUQkpW

No comments:

Post a Comment