Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Tuesday, February 20, 2024

SCI will arrive before BCI

 { SCI = Skin Computer Interface / BCI = Brain Computer Interface }


After experimenting for a couple of years and getting FDA approval , Elon Musk’s Neuralink planted in a patient’s brain , a sensor which will capture brain waves , decode what these signify and based on those interpretations , do things like moving a paralysed leg / hand or type on a computer screen

Renowned scientist Stephen Hawking was able to type on a computer screen, by just looking at an alphabet / keyboard on that screen

If Neuralink experiment succeeds , it will still take , at least a decade before its cost becomes affordable to a insignificant fraction of patients needing such BCI

For 99.999 % of remaining patients , it will remain “ out of reach “

For rest of the humans, there will be no need for such a “ surgical intervention “

And when it is a matter of just “ monitoring “ a person’s vital health signs, Smart watches are making rapid progress . But besides being expensive , these will continue to have limited acceptance

But here comes a news which may change that . It may , after all bring about what I envisaged in my following 7 year old blog :

Ø  2024 ! – V 2.0 of Orwellian 1984 ?  ……………. 07 July 2017

https://lnkd.in/dUM8M35u

No comments:

Post a Comment