Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Surya Ghar : Missing the Wood for the Trees ?

 On the portal , in the REGISTRATION FORM , an applicant is asked to provide following data :

Select your State
Electric Distri. Co
Electric Consumer No
Mobile Number
E Mail Id

DISCOMs already have this data for each and every consumers ( look up any monthly Electricity Bill of any DISCOM )
Why ask this data from an applicant ?
In fact, why ask ANY ONE to “ apply “ in the first place ? To me, it seems totally UNNECESSARY
Every DISCOM has an elaborate DAABASE of its consumers . In matter of seconds , a search will produce a list of those consumers whose last 12 months average consumption was LESS THAN 300 UNITS
And since full address of each consumer is also available with the DISCOM , it can tabulate for each building :
Ø  Which ( and how many ) consumers are ELIGIBLE for the scheme
Ø  Which are NOT ELIGIBLE
All that DISCOM has to do is to send out appropriately worded E Mail ( Scheme / Purpose / Funding / Eligibility Criteria / Benefits /  Obligations etc ) to the eligible consumers, requesting them to click :
#  Yes , I am interested to avail of this scheme. Please send someone to my residence to conduct FEASIBILITY study
#  No , I am not interested

If a consumer does not have an email id , then a printed letter can be sent through post, along with next monthly bill and the customer can be advised about the letter through SMS / Whatsapp ( I presume that all customers have mobile phones )

Dear Shri Narendrabhai ,
Only yesterday , while addressing the Global Summit , you spoke about leveraging technology to effect changes
Surya Ghar Yojana is a shining example of that proclamation
Implementing my suggestions will make this yojana , a BENCHMARK for GLOBAL SOUTH

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
www.HemenParekh.ai /  15 Feb 2024

No comments:

Post a Comment