Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Do you know

Do you know why , # Our farmers are highly stressed and committing suicides # They are marching to various state capitals # They are blocking highways # They might vote BJP out in 2019 election ? Here is why : # Ave monthly household income of our farmers is Rs 8,931 [ source : Nabard 2016-17 ] As against this , here are the MINIMUM WAGES that our workers ( in Organized Sector ) earn ( as per Minimum Wages Act ) : # Unskilled Worker > Rs 13,950 / month ( 25 days ) # Highly Skilled Worker > Rs 18,450 / month ( 25 days ) This when our farmers are " Super High Skilled " and work 12 hours per day for 30 days in a month - without Sick leave - Casual Leave - Annual Leave - Bonus - Annual Increment - Paid Holidays etc ! Loan Waivers is not going to help them Let us assume, we succeed in doubling their ave income to Rs 18,000 per month, by 2022 By that time , the CPI linked DA ( Dearness Allowance ) would have raised the MIN WAGES of HS workers to Rs 35,000 / M !

No comments:

Post a Comment