Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Monday, December 17, 2018

Why an insecure internet is actually in tech companies’ best interests

Why an insecure internet is actually in tech companies’ best interests https://lnkd.in/fTxJAGP ======================= Extract : Google is willing to give you security, as long as it can surveil you and use the information it collects to sell ads. Facebook offers you a similar deal: a secure social network, as long as it can monitor everything you do for marketing purposes. Harvard Business School professor Shoshana Zuboff calls this “surveillance capitalism,” and it’s the business model of the internet. =============================== What we need is a foolproof method which empowers / enables a user to decide, WHAT personal data he wants to SELL to WHOM and WHEN and for HOW MUCH ( price ) For a working model, read : Only Answer ; a Statutory Warning https://lnkd.in/fcwjsMg

No comments:

Post a Comment