Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Thursday, August 22, 2019

Low-quality Chinese batteries could slow down India’s EV drive

22 Aug 2019 News : Low-quality Chinese batteries could slow down India’s EV drive https://lnkd.in/ffhCive ================================= Since the Chinese vehicle Manufacturers are moving up the value chain , it was to be expected that the Chinese LI-ion Battery Manufacturers ( who have built up huge capacities over the years ), would try to export those " low quality " batteries to the World It is up to our importers ( EV manufacturers ) to : # Write down stringent Product Quality Specifications in their Purchase Orders # Also lay down in their orders " Product Performance Failure Liability " clauses ( covering 5 year period ) # Set up high standard Battery Testing facilities in their Quality Control Departments and employ SQC ( Statistical Quality Control ) # May be Indian EV Manufacturers could come together to set up such a common Testing Facility ( shared cost basis ) Our Anti-Dumping Law is unlikely to be of much use since we will never be able to prove that the Chinese are exporting " below their actual manufacturing cost " !

No comments:

Post a Comment