Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Thursday, August 1, 2019

Meet EV deadline or pay up for pollution, Centre may tell auto manufacturers

01 aug 2019 Meet EV deadline or pay up for pollution, Centre may tell auto manufacturers https://lnkd.in/fEBmfXX =============================== Extract : In case the companies fail to meet the deadline, the government plans to impose the “polluter pays" principle—wherein the victim of pollution has to be compensated and the manufacturer also pays for the cost of environment degradation, said a senior government official on condition of anonymity. ============================== Anonymity condition is easy to defend . One rule of resolving any issue in a matter which is , both, controversial as well as confrontational, is: Never give a threat which you cannot execute ! It would be much easier - and infinitely less controversial - for the Shri Gadkariji to enforce " Polluter Pays Principle " , by simply implementing ; Pigovian Tax for Polluters ? [ 03 april 2019 ] https://lnkd.in/f6B2mrK

No comments:

Post a Comment