Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Big shift in disinvestment policy: Plan to privatise profitable CPSEs in works

11 june 2019 Big shift in disinvestment policy: Plan to privatise profitable CPSEs in works Niti Aayog may be told to draw up a list of non-strategic blue chip companies for sale. Read more at: //https://lnkd.in/epTQWN2 ============================== For over 2 years, govt has been trying very hard to sell ( divest ) some 24 LOSS MAKING public sector units - without any success Now , NITI Aayog is in the process of drawing up a list of PROFIT MAKING public sector units that could be sold This may meet with better response Although " profit making " ( may be due to some monopolistic conditions / preferential govt purchases etc ), this is not going to be a cake walk , considering that : # Technology / Machinery , may be obsolete by current standards # Most are over-staffed with very low MANPOWER PRODUCTIVITY ( - buyer may not want to take over all the employees and VRS may not be acceptable to Unions ) # Current competitors may be highly automated # Private Sector Banks ( already burdened with NPAs ), may not want to risk loans for such purchases

No comments:

Post a Comment