Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Not processing waste? Mumbai civic body plans to cut your water supply

11 june 2019 Not processing waste? Mumbai civic body plans to cut your water supply https://lnkd.in/fSVw2q6 ====================== Extract : ......So we are now contemplating going ahead with the option of disconnecting water supply of establishments or societies who do not comply with the rules.” ===================== A welcome idea . Please extend this as follows : # Based on no of residents, introduce a QUOTA for each Society ( at aggregate level ) and for each Flat ( at family level ) # Install SMART WATER METERS ( internet connected ? ) for each flat and for each Society # When a particular flat exhausts its MONTHLY QUOTA , water supply will get disconnected ( a huge opportunity for Water Meter Manufacturing Companies ) # Ditto for the entire Society ( Already , SMART ELECTRICITY METERS have made such automatic disconnection possible in case of electricity . Also online recharging for pre-payment ? ) # Variation : Introduce SURGE PRICING for exceeding quota and DISCOUNT for under-utilization ( motivate less use ) Related reading : Water above our heads [ 29 March 2019 ] https://lnkd.in/f-9wp-q ===============================

No comments:

Post a Comment