Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Saturday, January 25, 2020

One nation, one road tax may soon be a reality

25 Jan 2020 News: One nation, one road tax may soon be a reality https://lnkd.in/fQjmWKp Extract : A group of ministers on transport set up by the roads ministry in 2018 had recommended a uniform road tax structure for vehicles across states and that the tax be charged based on the invoice price of a vehicle. For all personal vehicles, the tax should be 8% for a vehicle costing under ₹10 lakh, 10% for a vehicle costing between ₹10 lakh and ₹20 lakh and 12% for a vehicle costing more over ₹20 lakh ======================== Although this simplifies the current complicated road tax structure - and therefore, a welcome step , it won't help reduce traffic pollution problem , which is , far more URGENT and IMPORTANT issue That can only get solved by implementing : Transport : an Integrated Logistic Plan ? https://lnkd.in/fep8UKZ

No comments:

Post a Comment