Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Saturday, September 28, 2019

Centre may ask states to levy more tax on older vehicles

28 Sept 2019 News : Centre may ask states to levy more tax on older vehicles https://lnkd.in/f_qB6_s Extract : The Centre is likely to ask states to increase road taxes for older vehicles to make it harder for them to ply, according to officials aware of the development. This could be done in the form of a tiered structure, where the road taxes shift to a higher slab when ages of vehicles cross a pre-defined threshold of about 15 years ------------------------------------------------ It seems Govt wants to use " Age of a vehicle " as a proxy for the " harmful emission quantity generated by a given vehicle " Just one parameter - and that too represented by a proxy ! How about using NaviC based GPS to automatically determine the HARM QUOTIENT of 230 million vehicles , by implementing : Transport : an Integrated Logistic Plan ? https://lnkd.in/fep8UKZ

No comments:

Post a Comment