Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Monday, September 9, 2019

India's biggest detention centre to house 'foreigners' by 2020

10 Sept 2019 India's biggest detention centre to house 'foreigners' by 2020. Read more at: https://lnkd.in/fUnbmtS ======================= There are news reports that some other States too are planning such DETENTION CENTRES In Assam, out of some 32 million residents, some 2 million are left out of NRC ( - may get classified as foreigners ) Could there be 80 million similar "foreigners " all over India ? If so, how many million sq ft of " Detention Centres " will be required to house these 80 million ? And funds to feed them ? - assuming they cannot leave these jails ! For a parallel , read : FREEDOM BEHIND BARS ? [ 16 Sept 2015 ] https://lnkd.in/fgqxw_r =========================

No comments:

Post a Comment