Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Monday, November 18, 2019

Mumbai Parking Authority mulls cap on registration of vehicles per person

18 Nov 2019 News : Mumbai Parking Authority mulls cap on registration of vehicles per person https://lnkd.in/fSkYuce =============================== Questions raised by me : One Car per Family ? [ 28 Sept 2016 ] https://lnkd.in/fKrVddM ---------------------------------------- # What about millions of families who already have more than one car today ? Can a law force them to sell off those extra cars ? Can they be allowed to buy a new car to replace an old / polluting one with an Electric car ? # If law cannot force 4 car families to dispose off 3 cars, then would it be fair to deny a NIL car family to buy 2 ? # Even if such a law gets passed , is it possible / practical to monitor its compliance in case of some 2.8 million new cars being manufactured / sold , each year ? Does the government have the necessary administrative machinery to enforce it ? # What is the definition of a " family " ? Who is considered a member of a " family " ? # What to do in case a person owning a car marries another person , also owning a car ? Or adopts one ?

No comments:

Post a Comment