Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Monday, December 9, 2019

A lutyens bubble: Becoming a $5 trillion economy in five years needs us growing at 14% every year

09 Dec 2019 TOI Edit Page / Nov 30 / Kanti Bajpai / A lutyens bubble: Becoming a $5 trillion economy in five years needs us growing at 14% every year ================= Extract : Assuming India’s current GDP to be $2.7 trillion, for simplicity of calculation let’s translate the prime minister and finance minister’s statement of intent to mean a doubling of GDP, to $5.4 trillion in half a decade from now. Applying the ‘Rule of 72’ to calculate the annual rate at which the economy needs to grow to double its size in five years, we need to divide 72 by five. This gives us 14.4. The Indian economy needs to grow at an average of 14% per year over five years to reach $5.4 trillion. ------------------------------------- Some 30 MONTHS back , I explained this with calculations in : When 2 is greater than 7 ? [ 04 June 2017 ] https://lnkd.in/fkm-2ts ==============================

No comments:

Post a Comment