Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Sunday, December 1, 2019

Here's How to Make the Sahara Desert Green Again

01 Dec 2019 News : Here's How to Make the Sahara Desert Green Again https://lnkd.in/ffnwg6V ======================== Extract : The Sahara is the world's largest hot desert, but parts of it could be made green if massive solar and wind farms set up shop there, a new study finds. Li and his colleagues simulated what would happen if wind and solar farms covered more than 3.4 million square miles (9 million square kilometers) of the Sahara. On average, the wind farms would generate about 3 terawatts, while the solar farms would generate 79 terawatts of electrical power in one year, they found. That's a lot of energy. One terawatt can power about 10 billion 100-watt light bulbs simultaneously. "In 2017, the global energy demand was only 18 terawatts, so this is obviously much more energy than is currently needed worldwide,” Li said. ================================== Our own deserts ( Rajasthan / Kutchh / Lahul and Spiti / Ladakh ) have the potential to produce 315.7 GW of Solar + Wind power , for an estimated investment of Rs 43 lakh*crore, as reported in : Unlimited Power : and round the clock ? [ 29 July 2016 ] https://lnkd.in/fEKPq-C What is holding us back ?

No comments:

Post a Comment