Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Civic body mulls meters in each flat to reduce wastage of water

04 Dec 2019 News : Civic body mulls meters in each flat to reduce wastage of water https://lnkd.in/faiGS2Y =============================== Extract : The Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) is mulling over the idea of setting up separate water meters for individual apartments instead of a combined meter system for housing societies. BMC is also planning to provide subsidies to old flats or housing societies that opt for individual water meters. An internal committee of BMC studied water distribution in the city and submitted a report that suggested water consumption should be accounted for each home on a daily basis to prevent wastage and disproportionate distribution ================================ On 29 March 2019 , I sent following e-mail to BMC officers : Water above our heads https://lnkd.in/f-9wp-q -- where I suggested as follows : Establishing “ water usage quota / rationing of water “ – per person in household · Gradual introduction of “ pre-paid “ smart water meters which cuts off supply when quota used up

No comments:

Post a Comment