Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Auto sector will bounce back in big way

Dear Amitabh [ / ] Came across your interview in Hindustan Times, where you say : ------------------------------------------- ‘Auto sector will bounce back in big way’ A long-term policy in a constantly evolving industry would not be a very good idea. -------------------------------------- But what about a policy that drives the “ evolution “ of the car industry towards a traffic that is “ least harmful “ to the environment ? A policy which does not require any “ incentives “ to be handed out to , either the car manufacturers or to the car owners ? A policy which : MINIMIZE : Private transport / People travel / Polluting transport MAXIMIZE : Public transport / Non-polluting transport / Video-Conferencing DISCOURAGE : Land-based transport / “Within City “transport / “Privately Owned” transport ENCOURAGE : Air based transport / Water based transport / “Public owned “Transport / Shared transport / Night – time transport

No comments:

Post a Comment