Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Saturday, February 1, 2020

Someone commits crime : Innocents made to pay ?

01 Feb 2020 Someone commits crime : Innocents made to pay ? Apparently , that is the logic which Mumbai Traffic Police seems to have applied, going by following news : Honking a lot at signals? Be ready to wait longer to leave https://lnkd.in/fS_XjV5 Extract : Madhukar Pandey, joint commissioner of police (traffic) said, “The decibel level has been set to 85 db. If the meters detect decibel level higher than that, the signals timings would increase [double the waiting seconds], punishing drivers to wait longer for unnecessary honking.” -------------------------------------------- Dear Shri Pandyji, 022-24954443 Why should dozens of innocent / law-abiding motorists be penalized , just because one driver keeps honking at a red signal ? Would it not be far better to IMMOBILIZE only his vehicle for honking - allowing rest of the traffic to flow without interruption ? Why cannot Mumbai lead the rest of the country by implementing : HORN OK ? https://lnkd.in/fW44WrM ------------------------------ Immobilize the Jumpers ? https://lnkd.in/fjjHz7B

No comments:

Post a Comment