Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Friday, February 28, 2020

PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL

For deciding which employee gets : > Promotion to next higher grade / level { Excellent Performance } > Double / Multiple " annual increment " in same grade { Good Performance } > Lump sum / one time , " Appreciation Amount " { Fair Performance } > His salary " frozen " at same level { Poor Performance } , HR managers ( with inputs from Performance Appraisal Forms filled in by Line Managers - with remarks re FEEDBACK given to an employee ) , will spend midnight oil during the month of March There are organizations which are so particular about this VITAL MANAGEMENT PROCESS , that they tell the line managers : " HR dept will not issue " Increment Letter " , unless it receives employee's PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL , latest by 15 March " I have a very strong feeling that , in a majority of the Organizations, this whole exercise becomes nothing more than a RITUAL to be gone through mechanically, in order to satisfy the dictate from HR department ! Those of you , who have a similar feeling , may find here, some clues on how to re-design this process in a way that satisfies, not only the BOSS but also the employee being appraised MYBLOGEPAGE.BLOGSPOT.COM Performance Rating of Employees

No comments:

Post a Comment