Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Swarming Robots Avoid Collisions, Traffic Jams

26 feb 2020 News : Swarming Robots Avoid Collisions, Traffic Jams https://lnkd.in/ebcy6wd ------------------------------------------------- Extract : Still, the robots need to coordinate in order to avoid collisions and deadlock. To do this, the algorithm views the ground beneath the robots as a grid. By using technology similar to GPS, each robot is aware of where it sits on the grid. Before making a decision about where to move, each robot uses sensors to communicate with its neighbors, determining whether or not nearby spaces within the grid are vacant or occupied "The robots refuse to move to a spot until that spot is free and until they know that no other robots are moving to that same spot, They are careful and reserve a space ahead of time.” --------------------------- Some more practical applications of this algorithm : Flock Dynamics https://lnkd.in/ffdc6TV VEHICLE TRAFFIC CONTROL NODES Xiaomi to bring ISRO tech NavIC to phones in 2020 https://lnkd.in/eg2aFZ3

No comments:

Post a Comment