Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Friday, February 21, 2020

Potential Assessment of Floating Solar PV (FSPV) in India

21 Feb 2020 Report : Potential Assessment of Floating Solar PV (FSPV) in India https://lnkd.in/fbKWvgF ---------------------------- Highlights : > The report has found that India's reservoirs have 18,000 sq km of area that have the potential to generate 280 GW of electricity through floating solar photovoltaic (PV) plants --------------------------------- I don't know enough about FSPV - and its problems associated with evacuation of generated power, but consider this : [ https://lnkd.in/fFFJgtR ] One hour of Sunshine falling on India's land area of 3,000,000 square kilometers , can generate enough electricity to power our nation for ONE year ! Now , most of India gets 6 hours of Sunshine daily for some 300 days in a year ! So , as a nation , we get 1800 hours of Sunshine , every year If we were to cover our entire land area ( of 3,000,000 sq km ) with Solar Panels , we could get enough electricity in one year ( ie: in 1800 hours ) , which will meet our power needs for 1800 YEARS ! ( about 5000 trillion Kwh ! )

No comments:

Post a Comment