Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Sunday, February 16, 2020

CAA - mostly arising out of ignorance of its " objectives

These days, all over India , there is a lot of opposition to CAA - mostly arising out of ignorance of its " objectives " among the citizen . To capitalize on this resentment among the masses, Opposition is happily fanning this " fire of ignorance " by telling people : " CAA is just the beginning. Far worse things await you in the form of NPR - NRC etc - all meant to take away your freedom and to make you slaves of the Establishment " Despite all my sympathy for the " Good Intentions " of the Government , I cannot escape the feeling that , to a large extent , as far as the Central Government is concerned, this predicament is a " SELF - INFLICTED WOUND " ! What was the need to rename CENSUS as NPR ? Where was the need to give CENSUS , a different AVATAR called NRC ? No doubt, Government will come up with some, " not so convincing " reasons for this " Re-naming " . That won't help douse this fire which is on the verge of turning into an INFERNO ! There is a way for the Government to pull itself out of this QUICKSAND , with some BOLD / OUT-of - BOX thinking , described here :

No comments:

Post a Comment