Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Monday, February 10, 2020

Indestructability

At another place , I have written : “ Technology has advanced so far – and continues to accelerate even faster – that it is possible to treat “ Content ( personal / private data ) “ like an air molecule , which keeps travelling freely around the earth and gets inhaled a trillion times ( content consumption ) by a billion humans With the arrival of Quantum Computing , it will soon become possible for the same content ( personal / private data ) , to exist simultaneously at multiple places , but in differing formats A “ Text Posting “ on Facebook may well appear on different media as Voice or Image or Smell or Touch ! At the rate at which data is getting generated / transmitted / transformed / mutated / migrated / consumed , by 7 billion citizens of the World, all without their knowledge or permission , is it at all possible to even “ define “ what is DATA ( and what is not ) , much less possible to “ protect / confine “ it in any manner ? Is it possible that “ indestructability “ of Data renders futile all questions as to its “ Beginning / Origin “ or its “ End “ ? --------------------------- with regards, hemen parekh /

No comments:

Post a Comment