Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Thursday, July 25, 2019

Amid auto slump, components sector sees 8-10 lakh job cuts

25 july 2019 Amid auto slump, components sector sees 8-10 lakh job cuts https://lnkd.in/feh-MmF ================================= This is the one undesirable / inevitable " side effects " of wanting to change over to Electric Vehicles - loss of jobs in the Auto Industry, which , together with auto-component companies, employs some 250 lakh persons ( direct + indirect ) This is because , an EV has some 20 components only as against close to 2,000 in a Petrol / Diesel vehicle ! It is obvious that , in the years to come, there will be very few EV component manufacturing companies as compared to today ! And most of those will be highly automated, needing very few workers ( only way to survive and grow ? ) I cannot escape the feeling that neither the Central Govt ministries ( Transport - Heavy Industries - MSME etc ] / NITI Aayog / Auto Industry etc have developed an ACTION PLAN to tackle this serious problem, other than mouthing , oft-repeated, " We need to re-skill these workers " ! I urge Ministers concerned to consider my following suggestion : Car Grave-Yard of World ? [ 14 Feb 2018 ]

No comments:

Post a Comment