Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Friday, July 12, 2019

Apple's India-made top-end iPhones to hit stores next month

12 july 2019 Apple's India-made top-end iPhones to hit stores next month Read more at: //https://lnkd.in/f2qKmWg ============================== Let no one ask the definition of " India Made " ! Most likely arriving from Foxcon ( China ), in CKD condition and put together ( assembled ) in some Indian factory, using " Screw Driver Technology " ! No Phased Manufacturing Program ( PMP ), stipulating ever increasing " value addition " ( local manufacture / local sourcing of components ), reaching 95 % in 3 years ? So much for those 135 + Mobile Phone factories which have come up in past 4 years ! And isn't the story same in case of Electric 2 Wheeler being imported from China in lakhs and sold locally ? But, at least , in case of EV , there is a strong justification why we cannot wait another 5 years for development of local manufacture . We need to reduce air pollution, NOW !

No comments:

Post a Comment