Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Thursday, July 18, 2019

Maharashtra’s policy for dilapidated buildings soon

18 july 2019 Maharashtra’s policy for dilapidated buildings soon Read more at: //https://lnkd.in/fFa8iMr ================================== In past few weeks, several old buildings collapsed , killing dozens of residents. This happens year after year ! As expected , blame game has started between State Govt / BMC / MHADA Reading about families of DONGRI bldg , brings tears to the eyes ! Mother trying to console her 2 kids , then losing them after 15 hours . On whose hand is this " murder most foul " ? Do we need a " policy "to prevent deaths which are preventable ? Does anyone ask the residents , why they are reluctant to move out of these bldgs ? Offer them twice the area occupied currently , in nearby new bldgs , at govt cost ( FREE ownership ) - and they will move Then demolish the building and recover the cost ( of flats allotted ) by auctioning . No compensation for the bldg owner who failed to repair after first notice !

No comments:

Post a Comment